No one should leave their values and passion at the door when they go to work. You shouldn’t have to in today’s world. That’s why, for interns, our positions provide key skills to learn and transfer to your next corporate job. For experienced woeking or retired professionals, our volunteer opportunities allow you to leverage a your specific skill or expertise to benefit a cause while gaining meaningful “good will” experiences lacking at most companies. We encourage you to find something of interest below and sign up.
Contact Person: Derick Stroman
We are searching for Event Coordinators to engage with the nearby community!
We are making a difference. YesLiberia is a non-profit organization that, through service-learning opportunities, focuses on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children, fostering intercultural understanding, and improving communities in Liberia. We want to promote our cause and continue to implement education initiatives, small infrastructural projects, and ideas that strengthen the communities we serve.
Help spread the word! We intend to plan and execute a few events each year, spreading awareness of the hardships that children in Liberia face and introducing community members to ways they too can help our organization. Dinners, presentations, talks, luncheons, arts competitions--you name it. We’re interested in exploring their impact on our mission.
You’ll play an important role by applying your skills and working alongside other volunteers committed to helping children and communities we serve. Some of your projects may include:
· Plans or coordinating fundraising and awareness events for the organization.
· Contacting and communicating with hosts of events in the Central Pennsylvania areas.
· Seeking additional individuals or partners as events' hosts in PA, MD, and DE areas
· Developing creative ideas to spread awareness and fundraising at events.
· Securing necessary food, supplies, etc. to ensure a successful event.
· Following up with hosts and attendees to determine what should be improved and/or repeated.
All volunteer work will be done at our shared space at the beautiful Pine Street Presbyterian Church, directly across from the Pennsylvania State Capitol Building in downtown Harrisburg. The exact address is 310 North Third Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101. We encourage our volunteers to be at this location one or more days a week during these hours:
1. Thursday— 4:30pm to 8:00pm
2. Friday— 4:30pm to 8:00pm or
3. Saturday— 10:30am to 4:00pm
Note: When you apply, we will respond to you right away. Please remove us from your junk mail or spam box to ensure you receive our emails.