No one should leave their values and passion at the door when they go to work. You shouldn’t have to in today’s world. That’s why, for interns, our positions provide key skills to learn and transfer to your next corporate job. For experienced woeking or retired professionals, our volunteer opportunities allow you to leverage a your specific skill or expertise to benefit a cause while gaining meaningful “good will” experiences lacking at most companies. We encourage you to find something of interest below and sign up.
Contact Person: Derick Stroman
We’re seeking a Partnership Coordinator to establish new student organization partnerships and help facilitate existing ones. Basically, this involves managing communications and engagement of potential partners.
Help us make a difference. YesLiberia is a non-profit organization that, through service-learning opportunities, focuses on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children, fostering intercultural understanding, and improving communities in Liberia. We want to promote our cause and continue to implement education initiatives, small infrastructural projects, and ideas that strengthen the communities we serve.
You’ll play an important role by applying your skills and working alongside other volunteers committed to helping Liberian communities. Some of your projects may include:
· Reaching out to former and new student organization partners
· Collaborating with staff and volunteers on ideas for fundraising and internal communication.
· Utilizing existing materials to engage potential partners or supporting existing ones
· Checking in with student organizations’ fundraising and public relations teams.
· Offering project assistance when problems arise with student organizations
· Providing bi-weekly updates on engagements, activities, or new partnership established
All volunteer work will be done at our shared space at the beautiful Pine Street Presbyterian Church, directly across from the Pennsylvania State Capitol Building in downtown Harrisburg. The exact address is 310 North Third Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101. We encourage our volunteers to be at this location one or more days a week during these hours:
1. Thursday— 4:30pm to 8:00pm
2. Friday— 4:30pm to 8:00pm or
3. Saturday— 10:30am to 4:00pm
Note: When you apply, we will respond to you right away. Please check your junk mail or spam box to ensure you receive our emails.